INECO® MICRO STAR FILTER MSS
The INECO® MSS is available for installation in concrete channels or as a stand-alone / tank version.
It is equipped with star segment filter elements using a filter cloth with pore sizes from 5 to 100 μm as a fine filter. As a unique feature the MSS can be operated with pre-filtration pads (protected by the patent pending EP 3 753 622 ) of a larger mesh size to provide a double pass filtration with two different filter ratings in a single machine.
- Capacity depending on pores size up to 700 l/s
- Nominal Drum diameter Series 10: 1.000 mm
- Nominal Drum diameter Series 20: 2.000 mm
- Drum length 500 mm to 11000 mm
- Filter surface 2,5 – 154 m²
- Available in AISI 304 or 316 L
- Filter cloth in PES or AISI 316 L on request
- Fine filter: Standard: 10 / 20 µm, Option: 5 – 100 μm
- Coarse filter pads: 500 or 1.000 µm
- Double pass filtration with simultaneously 2 filter ratings
- Automatic cleaning with 7,5 bar pressure
- Simultaneous cleaning of pads / filters
- Long-life Star Filter segments
- Easy maintenance, fast replacement of filter segments
- Submerged filter area up to 82 %
- Small footprint
- Negligible maintenance and energy costs
How it works
Water enters the filtration drum by gravity. The raw water passes the pre-filtration pads installed on each star segment on top of the drum. Larger particles are retained. Small particles are removed in the fine filter of the star segment. Through this patent pending concept the load will be reduced and the water is passing faster the fine filter while the segment cleaning cycles will be much less. The filtered water leaves the machine to outside via overflow weir.
When the filter is clogged, the headless increases. The upstream water level rises and a level switch starts the cleaning process. Solids are washed from the filter pads and star segments via high pressure spray nozzles located outside and inside the drum. Spent wash water is collected in a channel and discharged to the wash water outlet.
The INECO® MICRO STAR FILTER MSS is used for
- tertiary treatment of waste water
- pre-treatment for UV disinfection systems
- removal of micropollutants from waste water in combination with powder activated carbon
- pre-treatment for drinking water plants (filtration of surface and well water, replacement of clarifiers, algae removal)
- protective filter for RO plants
- aquaculture and fish farms
- cooling water filtration
- steel mills, textile factories